Saturday, December 13, 2008

New Job and Other News

Well I was able to find a job and have been working there for about a week and a half now. I help students register for classes at one of the local colleges, something I have been aiming to do for awhile. I finally feel like my schooling is paying off, which is nice since recently I had to start paying the loans back. :)

In other news, the movers came and picked up our stuff in Virginia a couple weeks ago and dropped it off a few days ago. Everything made it safe and sound with the exception of one cabinet. We weren't too attached to it, I just used it to put my pictures in, so not that big of a deal. So Matt has been living in our house for alittle over a week now with no furniture and not much cookware. Surprisingly he still has been cooking rather creatively actually. He has been trying to get rid of everything in our pantry before he leaves and has been making some interesting creations. For instance, he found Beef Stroganoff and some taco shells and decided to make beef stroganoff tacos. It sounds pretty disgusting to me but he seemed to enjoy it. Other than mixing and matching food items, Matt has been busy trying to get everything in order for his move. He has had the job of cleaning the house and the yard, on top of all that he has to wrap up at work. Luckily, he finished up his class a couple weeks ago, so that has freed up some of his time.

We are nearing the end of our time apart and I'm looking forward to seeing him in less than two weeks. I will be flying out to Missouri to meet up with him and then we will drive back together. Being apart is never easy especially around the holidays. Howevery, it has been easier than last year, mainly because our communication hasn't been limited this time around.

I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! I hope you all are well and are enjoying the holidays.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Congrats on the new job!