Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A New Chapter...

Well are you impressed? If not you should be, it has been less than a month since my last update!! I know that I am definitely impressed. Now that I have padded myself on the back I will go back to the recent news from us. I recently got a job working at the University of Utah as an advisor and started this week! I'm extremely excited about this opportunity and so far am really enjoying the job, as well as the people. Last Friday was my last day at UCC and while I was sad to say goodbye to all the wonderful people, I could not pass up an opportunity to work at the U. The commute is a bit long but on Wednesdays and Fridays Matt and I are able to commute together because he doesn't have school. Today was our first day commuting together and it was quite enjoyable. We were able to go to lunch together and see eachother a lot more than other days. I really believe this is the right move for me.

In other news, Matt and I spent last weekend up in Park City. Things were extremely hectic around our anniversary last year so we weren't able to really celebrate. We decided that last weekend would be the perfect opportunity to do just that. We have been going to Ruth's Chris' Steakhouse every other year and decided we would do that again. So we got all dressed up and went to dinner and then just spent a nice relaxing weekend together.
Oh yeah if you are wondering what happened with the Hyundai, for now nothing. The Health Department said they would keep the complaint on file and as long as we don't get anymore complaints we don't need to do anything further. This means the Hyundai will not be driven in Draper, especially on his bad days. :)

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Congrats on the new job. How exciting!

Krystal said...

Congrats on the new job! I am so excited for you. I must say I am proud that you are back to the blogging world also! Love you and see you soon!

Lillian J. Banks said...

Congrats you guys!!! We missed you at the party, Serenity wouldn't even eat her cake! But getting all dressed up and going out on the town sounds like a blast- you both look great! Happy Anniversary, and it is awesome you can commute together.