Sunday, May 30, 2010

What Metabolism?

I was warned growing up that one day my metabolism would slow down but it seemed so far away and I often thought to myself that won't happen. Well that "blessed" day has come with a vengenance. Shouldn't your metabolism speed up as you get older? When you are younger and in school you have PE classes and are constantly on the run. So whatever calories you do eat they are usually gone by the end of the day. I would eat pizza almost everyday and not gain a pound. So it seems unfair that when you are older and don't have a PE class frequently that suddenly your metabolism begins to fail you. Now it looks like watching what I eat and increasing the exercise routines are in the cards to fight back.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm feeling ya. I started weight watchers last week and it sucks. I am down 6 lbs my first week though. Wahoo!

Matt and Amanda said...

Really that is awesome! Congrats! What do they have you eating? I have been trying to diet and exercise and I am failing miserably.

Krystal said...

You are lucky it is just barely slowing down. I think mine slowed down at 21. It pretty much sucks to get older! I can give you a few tips to try and trick your body into losing a few. Call me and we will chat! Love ya.