Saturday, June 18, 2011

My First Official 5K


Over the past year I have started to run, I'm still not very good but I'm making progress. Last year Jolie, Ted and myself ran in what we all thought was a 5k. However, according to the GPS it was only 2.7 miles and was not officially a 5K. So a few weekends ago Matt, Jolie, and myself put on our running shoes in hope of attending my first 5K. We decided to run in the Afflicted War Heroes 5K, which the profits went to helping families go overseas to see their wounded soldiers. This was a really fun event and the race took us next to the Jordan River, so it was as peaceful as you can be when you are running. I am still hoping to hit that runner's high I always hear about but it hasn't happened it. I actually finished 5th in my division! Now how many were in my division, who knows but I'm choosing not to think about that. Anyways, here's some pictures of us before and after my first official 5K. I am now trying to convince myself I can tackle a 10k but it seems so long!


Jolie and I before the race



The three of us getting pumped up



After the race with our cool new shirts

2 comments:

Krystal said...

I'm SO proud! AND jealous. I would love to do that too. One day my goal is a half marathon. Maybe we could work up to that together. Congrats on finishing 5th! That is incredible girl! Miss you! Let's get together soon! XOXO

Matt and Amanda said...

Thanks Krystal! A half marathon!! Wow that's ambitious, I'm terrified of a 10k. :) It would be fun to run one together but you have longer legs than me so I run at a snail's pace compared to you, I'm sure.